Intelligent Informatics @ Bloustein Workshop and Seminar Series
April 8 @ 12:30 pm – 2:30 pm
Data Visualization with Python Jupyter Notebooks – A Hands-on Introduction
The session will consist of brief presentations, with around 100 minutes of interactive work-along demo of data visualization with Jupyter Notebooks, and end with Q&A. Participants will learn to create data visualizations and can opt to either access Rutgers University’s high-performance computing (HPC) platform/cloud* or to run the code locally on their own computers.
- Dr. Bala Desinghu, Senior Scientist from OARC, Rutgers University will provide an interactive introduction to data visualization with insights on the use of high-performance computing.
- Dr. Abhishek Tripathi, Associate Professor, School of Business, TCNJ, will introduce the use of Python libraries such as Seaborn, Plotly and Cufflinks for creating advanced and interactive data visualizations.
- Dr. Jim Samuel, Associate Professor, Rutgers Bloustein School, will conclude the session with insights on the use of Artificial Intelligence for visualizations and language data visualizations.
*Note to participants: If you want to use Rutgers high-performance computing (HPC) platform you do not have an active computing account on the Amarel cluster, please follow these instructions.
- Request an account by filling out this form: https://oarc.rutgers.edu/amarel-cluster-access-request/
- You will need to establish a VPN (Virtual Private Network) to access the Amarel cluster when connecting outside the campus network. You can find more information here https://soc.rutgers.edu/vpn/
- Registration deadline to establish Amaral HPC account is Thursday, April 7, 10 AM EST.
This workshop is hosted by the Rutgers Urban and Civic Informatics Lab (RUCI Lab) at the Bloustein School and the Rutgers Office of Advanced Research Computing and sponsored by the Bloustein School Master of Public Informatics program. It is organized by Dr. Bala Desinghu and Dr. Jim Samuel in collaboration with our partners, the Eastern Regional Network (ERN), the Northeast Big Data Innovation Hub (NEBDI Hub), and the New Jersey Big Data Alliance (NJBDA).