Cyberinfrastructure for Research Data Management Workshop
May 23 @ 9:00 am – May 24 @ 4:00 pm
Princeton University, Edge, Globus, and EPOC (TACC and ESnet, partners of EPOC) are hosting the Cyberinfrastructure for Research Data Management workshop on the Princeton University campus this coming May 23-24, 2023 starting daily at 9 a.m. The in-person workshop is designed to help research computing professionals deploy next-gen cyberinfrastructure that can effectively support data-intensive science.
The workshop will consist of two days of presentation material that focus on the concepts of the Science DMZ, Data Management using Globus, perfSONAR network measurement, and other affiliated Research & Education best common practices that are designed to operate modern research and education networks to support data intensive science.
The content is intended for anyone supporting infrastructure and/or developing applications for research and education, and will be particularly useful to the following groups:
- NSF Campus Cyberinfrastructure awardees (and those preparing for the next CC* solicitation)
- Research computing administrators and technical staff
- Campus enterprise storage infrastructure managers
- Core facility (NGS, cryoEM, fMRI, etc.) IT staff
Outcomes: By the end of the event, attendees will have a better understanding of the requirements for supporting scientific use of the network, architectural strategies that can simplify these interactions, and tools that can transform and automate data management for researchers.
- Day 1: May 23, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Day 2: May 24, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Cost: $49.00/person
- Speakers and Full Agenda: Draft agenda and speaker list is now available online.
Please contact Forough Ghahramani at email@example.com if you need additional information.