POSTPONED TO FALL 2023: GSODI Forum on Open Data and Artificial Intelligence
April 21 @ 11:00 am – 1:30 pm
EVENT RESCHEDULED FOR FALL 2023
A discussion of the value creation potential of aligning open data with AI, especially generative AIs like ChatGPT and Bloom, with reflections on public policy
This Open Data Forum will consist of a panel of eminent experts from the government, academia, business and media, and will present leading ideas on topics of growing importance related to open data and artificial intelligence (AI) with a focus on the impacts of aligning open data initiatives with artificial intelligence (AI), and the benefits and challenges of using applications such as Bloom, Stable Diffusion and CodeWhisperer: How will this impact the open data movement? Can ChatGPT output be treated as open data and what are the implications of treating the output from generative AIs as open data? This discussion was inspired by research on the Garden State Open Data Index (GSODI).
The Open Data – AI panel includes eminent experts as guest speakers:
- Poonam Soans, Chief Data Officer & Director of Application Development, State of New Jersey;
- Rakesh (Teddy) Kumar, PhD., Vice President, ICS, Center for Vision Technology, SRI International,
- Clint Andrews, PhD, Professor & Associate Dean, Bloustein School, Rutgers University, and
- Rachel Rosenthal, Bloomberg, editorial board member
The discussion will be moderated by professor Jim Samuel, Executive Director, Bloustein School Informatics Program.
- 11:00 AM – Coffee and welcome
- 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM – Open Data Forum, panel of experts’ presentation and discussion
- 12:30 PM – 1:30 PM – Round-table lunch with guest speakers, students and faculty