Data science partnership platform data.org in collaboration with Mastercard Center for Inclusive Growth and The Rockefeller Foundation just announced an open call for breakthrough ideas that harness the power of data science to help people and communities thrive especially in the wake of COVID-19’s economic impact. The $10 Million Inclusive Growth and Recovery Challenge seeks innovative and scalable solutions from around the world.
WHO CAN ENTER
The Challenge is open to any individual, organization, or collaboration from anywhere in the world1. We welcome entries from the following:
- Individuals 18+ and above
- Governments and U.N. agencies
All entries must have a charitable purpose and accrue no private benefit.
1 Except for North Korea, Sudan, Iran, Crimea, Syria, and Cuba.
All entries will be evaluated based on the following:
- Impactful – Addressing an important inclusive growth challenge.
- Replicable – Presenting a proposal that can be adapted to different cases.
- Scalable – Creating a project that can be expanded on a larger scale.
- Practical -Meeting reasonable resource and execution req’s with manageable risks.
- Breakthrough – Designing an insightful and new application of data science.
Have questions? Visit the FAQs page.
Now accepting Phase 1 proposals. Start creating yours today. REGISTER NOW
The Challenge will award up to ten winners with data science talent, software, training, and funding from $10K up to $10 million USD in a mix of grant-funding, technical support & consulting, media production, marketing and promotional outreach, and software & infrastructure licenses. Awardees may also be presented with additional opportunities for global recognition and media publicity.