The New Jersey Big Data Alliance (NJBDA) has taken an important step in catalyzing research collaborations in big data, artificial intelligence, and machine learning for both researchers and practitioners with the inaugural release of its new journal.
“We are thrilled about the announcement of the first issue of the Journal of Big Data: Theory and Practice (JBDTP), the flagship journal of the New Jersey Big Data Alliance (NJBDA),” said Forough Ghahramani, Ed.D., Vice President for NJBDA Research Collaboration. “Important to the mission, the NJBDA Research Collaboration community includes two pillars: 1) engaging with the research community to promote research collaboration opportunities and 2) establishing NJBDA’s Journal of Big Data Theory and Practice as a premier open access peer-reviewed publication of high-quality papers on theoretical and practical aspects of big data, AI, applications and machine learning. We look forward to many future publications.” J.D. Jayaraman, Ph.D., professor at New Jersey City University and editor-in-chief of the journal stated, “The publication of the first issue of the Journal of Big Data: Theory and Practice marks an important milestone in the NJBDA’s mission to promote research on big data and AI in the state of New Jersey. The journal provides an excellent avenue for researchers and practitioners in New Jersey and across the country to disseminate their research.”
The five papers included in the first JBDTP issue are:
- Textual Data Distributions: Kullback–Leibler Textual Distributions Contrasts on GPT-2-Generated Texts, with Supervised, Unsupervised Learning on Vaccine and Market Topics and Sentiment
- Global Perception of the Belt and Road Initiative: A Natural Language Processing Approach
- Four-Class Emotion Classification Problem Using Deep Learning Classifiers
- Strategies for Democratization of Supercomputing: Availability, Accessibility and Usability of High Performance Computing for Education and Practice of
Big Data Analytics
- In Search of Pedagogical Approaches to Teaching Business Ethics in the Era of Digital Transformation
“We are very excited to launch the Journal of Big Data Theory and Practice. This has been a great collaborative effort by all the members of the New Jersey Big Data Alliance over many years and it is exciting to see it come together,” said Matthew Hale, Ph.D., professor at Seton Hall University and NJBDA president. “We believe that this journal is going to make a real difference by bringing cutting edge research to the real world.”
Authors are invited to submit novel, high quality work that has neither appeared in nor is under consideration for publication by other journals. Manuscript submission is on a rolling basis and will remain open perpetually. The submission window for the second JBDTP issue closes on September 15, 2022.
Submissions can be made at https://jbdtp.org/index.php/JBDTP/announcement
Contact: Forough Ghahramani, email@example.com / Tel: 973-699-2203