Opportunity for New Brunswick-based Organization – Fall 2021
Do you have a data science project but don’t have the staff on site to complete it?
The NJBDA Is seeking an organization with a data science project for the Fall of 2021 that is appropriate for a team of student Externs.
What does my organization gain from participating?
Organizations work with a team of vetted students from Rutgers and other New Jersey higher education institutions with experience in data science/analytics/computer science dedicated to a project you specify. Student teams bring a diverse set of skills and work a combined 24 – 30 hours per week on the project. Externships through this partner program are provided by the Rutgers Masters in Business Science (MBS) Externship Exchange Program and the NJBDA via a grant from the US Economic Development Administration. The ultimate goal of the program is improved business operations and job creation for the companies that participate.
What type of projects are appropriate for an Externship?
- Data Analytics (machine learning, visualization, dashboards, etc.)
- Coding (R, Python, MatLab, etc.)
- Financial Modeling
What is required of my company to participate in the Externship Exchange?
- Provide a clear statement of the scope of work, project deliverables and timeline.
- Assign a representative of the company to meet with the team on a regular basis (approx. once every 1 week for one hour); The representative should be available to answer the teams’ questions as needed.
- Total time requirement is 1-2 hours per week during the semester.
- Participation in the Externship Exchange is at no cost to the organization. Student receive a stipend from the NJBDA (Via the EDA Grant)
- For Fall 2021 – the organization must be located in New Brunswick, NJ
Fall projects will be selected by July 16
Projects will kick-off September 13 – September 24
Final presentations will be held December 8 – December 15
Interested? For more information contact: Lori B. Dars, MBA firstname.lastname@example.org
Download PDF flyer: MBS-NJBDA Externship – Information for Organizations Fall 2021